TouchControl is an android application and kernel module for Nexus 4 (more devices coming soon). The app allows creating custom gestures that can be performed on screen even when device is in sleep state!
Root is required this will not work without rooted android device
Kernel with module support and enabled kallsyms (custom kernel available for download below)
TouchControl allows you to choose gesture and action assigned to it
- Press POWER button (wakes/sleeps device)
- Press HOME button
- Press VOLUME+ button
- Press VOLUME- button
- Play NEXT song
- Play PREVIOUS song
- Press BACK button
- Press TASK LIST button
- RUN CUSTOM APPLICATION
PRO Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrol
- Q: will it work on kernel X? A: It is made to work on stock kernel. It might work on kernels which are close to stock. I will however try to find a way to make it as compatible as possible. I'm going to assume that you can safely try this mod on your kernel (but don't enable set-on-boot) worst case scenario is a reboot
- Q: does this consume battery? Short answer - Maybe. Long answer - this might bring some drain, some users report quite a big battery drain some not, I will address this issue in some time. Check yourself how much an issue it is for you.
- Q: will it break my touchscreen? Short answer - No Long answer - digitizer is turning off so its not working all the time. The same mod works for more then year on my Galaxy Nexus and it never lost a bit of it's responsiveness
- Q: why do I have to pay? Why did you pay for your phone? You did save a few bucks on the phone which was cheap. Now is your chance to make those savings worthy
- Q: if I want to marry you where can I find you? Oh... this question meant to go somewhere else ;P And I'm taken.